The Long Night of Women Astronomers (in German)
- Date: Dec 8, 2022
- Time: 06:00 PM - 09:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Silke Britzen, Nadine Neumayer, Annalisa Pillepich, Gudrun Wanner, Sybille Anderl
- Location: ESO Supernova, Karl-Schwarzschild-Str. 2, 85748 Garching
- Host: Max-Planck-Gesellschaft und ESO Supernova
- Contact: email@example.com
With the “Long Night of Women Astronomers”, Max Planck scientists present their respective research in the field of astrophysics: Silke Britzen from the Max Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy in Bonn, Nadine Neumayer and Annalisa Pillepich, both from the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy in Heidelberg, and Gudrun Wanner from the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics in Hannover.
Following the presentations, the researchers will discuss the question of why women do research in astronomy with Sibylle Anderl, science editor at the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
Before the event (starting at 18:00), the astronomy exhibition in the ESO Supernova can be visited.
18:00 Self-exploration of the exhibition.
19:00 Start of the main event
21:00 End of the main event
22:00 ESO Supernova closes