Symposium "History for Physics: Quantum Gravity"
- Start: Nov 28, 2019 09:00 AM (Local Time Germany)
- End: Nov 29, 2019 05:00 PM
- Location: Main building Max Planck Campus Potsdam
- Room: Lecture hall
The symposium “History for Physics: Quantum Gravity” is jointly organized by the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Vienna (IQOQI-Vienna) and the Max Planck Research Group “Historical Epistemology of the Final Theory Program” at the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (MPIWG) in Berlin and at the AEI. The symposium aims at demonstrating the importance of the history of physics within current research in physics itself. Researchers and students in physics who are not, or not yet, engaged in the history of physics are therefore particularly welcomed to join.
The core format of this symposium will be that of tandem talks. Each tandem will pair two presentations, one given by a physicist on a current research topic, the other given by an historian of physics providing the historical context to that topic.
- Alexander Blum (MPIWG) and Hermann Nicolai (AEI)
- Thiago Hartz (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro) and Claus Kiefer (University of Cologne)