Stellenangebot vom 13. November 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) is the largest research institute in the world specializing in general relativity and beyond. The institute is located in Potsdam and in Hannover.
Our department Precision Interferometry and Fundamental Interactions is involved in the development of the Laser Interferometer Space Antenna (LISA), an ESA L-Class mission for measuring low-frequency gravitational waves, and in several geodesy missions (GRACE-C, NGGM) for measuring changes in the Earth's gravitational field due to anthropogenic effects. Our department at AEI is responsible for the development, testing, and fabrication of several subsystems of these observatories.
For our location in Hanover, we are looking for a temporary full-time position for a
Project Manager for our Space Department
As this is project funding, we can only advertise the position for 2 years at a time. However, an extension is possible if the next project phase is funded - which we assume will be the case, as the entire project duration extends until at least 2035 (Launch of LISA).
Your tasks include:
- Project management for the development of instruments for our space missions in cooperation with industrial partners
- Coordination of an interdisciplinary and international project team
- Participate in the award of contracts and management of industrial projects
- Interface function in the coordination with international external and internal partners
- Study of a technical or scientific subject, e.g. industrial engineering, physics, engineering sciences, aerospace technology
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of project management (IPMA, PMBOK, Space Project Management, SCRUM or equivalent).
- Very good German and English language skills, both written and spoken
- High technical affinity
- Good communication skills
- Strong service orientation
We offer you a versatile activity in an international working environment, extensive opportunities for further education and training as well as an excellent working atmosphere in a friendly, committed team. Flexible working hours and the compatibility of career and family are a matter of course for us. Remuneration and social benefits are based on qualifications in accordance with the collective wage agreement for the public sector (TVöD).
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, skin color, origin, religion and ideology, age, sexual orientation and identity. The AEI and the Max Planck Society welcome persons with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
We have aroused your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, curriculum vitae, letters of reference, certificates and other supporting documents) without a photograph, which you should submit as a single PDF document exclusively via our online application portal: