Job offer from May 07, 2021
The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) is the world's largest research institution on general relativity and topics beyond. The institute has locations in Potsdam and in Hannover. For our location in Hannover, we are looking for a permanent position of Deputy Head of Administration / Research Coordinator (f/m/d).
The position includes the coordination of administrative duties and research coordination at the Hannover site.
Your duties as Deputy Head of Administration:
- Supporting the Directors and the Head of Administration (HoA) in the management of the institute, regularly at the Hanover site and, if necessary, also at the Potsdam site; act as Deputy HoA for both sites, if necessary
- Coordination and development of the administration at the Hanover site
- Supporting the coordination of the administration department between the two sites
- Responsible for overseeing the institute's budget in Hannover
- Ensuring a good communication flow between the administration and the scientific departments, independent research groups and other service departments at the Hannover site
- Representative for export control and risk management at the Hannover site
- Supporting the optimization of administrative cooperation with Leibniz Universität Hannover
Your duties as Research Coordinator:
- Communication with the general administration of the MPG regarding grants, appointments and university contracts
- Coordination of major procurement and construction projects at the Hannover site
- Identifying funding opportunities and informing Directors and Research Group Leaders at the Hannover site about current and possible future funding programs
- Supporting the Directors and Research Group Leaders at the Hannover site in other matters of scientific relevance, e.g., negotiating consortium agreements and organizing scientific conferences.
- Completed university studies - preferably in the natural sciences - and several years of relevant professional experience, ideally in a responsible position at the interface between research and administration
- Knowledge of administrative, labor, procurement and funding law
- Excellent leadership, personnel management and coaching skills
- Excellent project management, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Very good German and English language skills, both written and spoken
Your personal profile:
You contribute to the professional work of our institute through precise, efficient working methods, a cooperative and solution-oriented attitude, and a high sense of responsibility. We expect a friendly and professional demeanor, an interest in the research activities of the institute and a strong understanding of its concerns.
We offer you a responsible and multifaceted job in an international working environment, extensive opportunities for further education, and an excellent working atmosphere in a friendly, committed team. Flexible working hours and the compatibility of career and family with the institute's own childcare facilities are a matter of course for us.
Remuneration and social benefits are based on the public service collective agreement (TVöD), according to qualifications up to pay group 14.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, skin color, origin, religion and ideology, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
For more information about our institute, please visit www.aei.mpg.de. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Head of Administration, Florian Keller, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. Please upload your complete application documents combined into a single PDF on our applicant portal.