IT-Support-Assistant / Trainee / Student Assistant
Job Offer from June 28, 2019
The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) is a world leading research institute, specializing in gravitational wave detection. Around 350 international scientists work at the research labs and offices located in Potsdam-Golm and Hannover, Germany.
The Albert Einstein Institute in Potsdam is seeking an
IT Support Assistant / Trainee / Student Assistant
to work in the IT Department in Potsdam. This is a rewarding job because it’s about helping people.
The job can be part-time or fulltime and the hours of working can be negotiated with a fair amount of flexibility possible. The primary work will be helping people solve IT problems, with the possibility to learn to do other IT work such as scripting or system administration. Training will be given (formally and on-the-job) to develop your career in IT.
This job may be of interest to a partner of scientist who moved to Germany, a student studying for a Bachelor or Masters qualification, or to someone who would like to try-out a job in IT.
- good English, spoken and written
- at least level B1 German
- a “can do” attitude to problem solving
- an interest in using technology and helping other people to use technology for their work
- a willingness to learn
- any IT skills are nice-to-have for this job including using office software, email, scripting, programming, configuring software
- good communication skills and organised
Salary and Contract
This is an assistant/trainee position. Salary and contract will be at EG 2 (Entgeltgruppe 2) TVöD Bund or for students using the standard student semester by semester employment contract. This is a full-time or part-time position (working hours can be adjusted in accordance with family duties and needs). The position is initially for two years, except for students whereby it is semester by semester.
The Max Planck Society is eager to increase the employment numbers of severely disabled persons. Applications of severely disabled persons are specifically welcomed and with equal qualification and aptitude are given preferential consideration.
How to Apply
All application documents should be sent as one single PDF document exclusively through our online application portal
- Your Curriculum Vitae, as PDF
- And a cover letter (PDF):
- describing how you meet the criteria for this job. For example for “love to learn” you might write how you learned a new technical skill that you then used to improve a website that then generated more visits from prospective customers for your company.
- with references to examples of work/projects/tasks you have done before (previous relevant achievements), why you did them and what the benefits were.