Stellenangebot vom 25. Oktober 2018
The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute, or AEI) is the largest research institute in the world specializing in Einstein ́s legacy: general relativity and beyond. The AEI has five departments, three research groups about 300 international scientists, students and staff members based at two locations: in Potsdam-Golm and on the campus of the Leibniz University Hanover. Our new director is searching for an experienced
in Golm. Candidates of all ages are encouraged to apply, as are both qualified and over-qualified individuals. The tasks include:
- Scheduling of appointments and maintaining the Director’s calendar
- Organization of and service at meetings, workshops and conferences
- Organization of travel for the Director and staff/visitors, and preparation of reimbursement paperwork
- Email and traditional correspondence in English and German, and minor translations
- Interfacing between the Director’s office, scientific teams, service departments and the Max Planck Society Headquarters
- Editing scientific texts
- Proactive assistance in organizational issues
- Organization and management of some recruitment and procurement processes
- Preparation and follow-up for administrative decisions
Your profile should include:
- Perfect fluency in spoken and written German and English
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, self-managing time and priorities
- Fluency with Microsoft Office
Also desirable are:
- Fluency in other languages widely used in the scientific community (if possible basic knowledge of Japanese would be welcome)
- Familiarity with Lotus Notes and LaTex
We offer a position according to the German public pay scale (TVöD).
The position is initially for two years with a 3-month probation, but could then become permanent. Starting date is ideally between December 2018 and February 2019, but is negotiable.
The Max Planck Society is eager to increase the employment numbers of severely disabled persons.
Applications of severely disabled persons are specifically welcomed and with equal qualification and aptitude are given preferential consideration.
Applications should include a CV and a one page essay explaining why the candidate is ideal for this job. This essay should be provided in both English and in German.
Complete applications (cover letter, CV, essay, certificates) should be sent in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25.11.2018.
Applications submitted after the o.g. Appointment will be considered if the position has not yet been filled.