Stellenangebot vom 18. September 2018
The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics in Potsdam is seeking to appoint an Administrative Assistant for one of the institute’s directors.
The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute, AEI) employs about 300 international scientists, technical and administrative staff and students.
The assistant position is tenable as of December 1st, 2018. The newly appointed colleague will join the division "Astrophysical and Cosmological Relativity" headed by its director Prof. Dr. Alessandra Buonanno. Candidates with experience in academic management and fluency in German and English, as well as other languages used in the scientific community, are invited to apply.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Organization of and service at meetings, workshops and conferences
- Organization of travels for the Director, support for staff/visitors, and preparation of reimbursement paperwork
- Email and traditional correspondence in English and German, and translations
- Interfacing between the Director’s office, scientific teams, service departments and the Max Planck Society Headquarters
- Editing communications and texts
- Proactive assistance in organizational issues
- Organization and management of scientists’ recruitment and procurement processes
- Preparation and follow-up for administrative decisions
- Effective use of Internet applications for researching and gathering information
- Excellent fluency in spoken and written German and English.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently, self-managing time and priorities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and to contribute to collegiality
- Experience using both Macs and PCs
- Fluency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Work experience in an academic or research environment
- Experience of working abroad
- Proficiency of a third language used in the scientific community (e.g., Italian or French)
- Familiarity with LaTex
The position is initially for two years with a 6-month probation, and it is intended to become permanent afterwards. In exceptional cases, the position could be made permanent sooner. The preferred starting date is in December 1st 2018, but is negotiable.
Applications should include a cover letter, explaining the interest in the position, a curriculum vitae, and copies of certificates. The cover letter and CV should be sent in German and English. Please do not include a photograph in your application. All application documents should be sent as one single PDF document exclusively through our online application portal by October 31, 2018.
Salary and benefits follow the remuneration of public employees in Germany ("Tarifvertrag im Öffentlichen Dienst, TVöD"). The salary level will depend on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
For further information please contact Andre Schirotzek (firstname.lastname@example.org).