IT Support Assistant (Hannover)
Stellenangebot vom 10. April 2017
The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) is a world leading research institute, specializing in gravitational wave detection. Around 350 international scientists work at the research labs and offices located in Potsdam-Golm and Hannover, Germany.
The Albert Einstein Institute in Hanover is seeking an
IT Support Assistant
to work in the IT Department in Hannover. This is quite a rewarding job to do as it’s about helping people.
The job is part-time and the hours of working can be discussed with a fair amount of flexibility possible. The primary work will be helping people solve IT problems, with the possibility to do other work such as scripting or system administration. Training will be given (formally and on-the-job).
This job may be of interest to a partner of scientist who moved to Germany, a student studying for a Bachelor or Masters qualification, or to someone who would like to try-out a job in IT.
- good English, spoken and written
- at least level B1 German
- a "can do" attitude to problem solving
- an interest in using technology and helping other people to use technology for their work
- a willingness to learn
- any IT skills are nice-to-have for this job including using office software, email, scripting, programming, configuring software
- good communication skills and organised
If you are interested please contact Mike Rose (firstname.lastname@example.org), preferably with a copy of your CV.