Bilingual Assistant for the Managing Director (Hannover)
Stellenangebot vom 4. Januar 2017
The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) employs about 300 international scientists, technical and administrative staff and students. The Managing Director is searching for an experienced
Bilingual Assistant for the Managing Director
in Hannover. Candidates of all ages (both younger and older) are encouraged to apply, as are both qualified and over-qualified individuals. The tasks include:
- Scheduling of appointments and maintaining the Director’s calendar
- Organization of and service at meetings, workshops and conferences
- Organization of travel for the Director and staff/visitors, and preparation of reimbursement paperwork
- Email and traditional correspondence in English and German, and minor translations
- Interfacing between the Director’s office, scientific teams, service departments and the Max Planck Society Headquarters
- Editing scientific texts
- Proactive assistance in organizational issues
- Organization and management of some recruitment and procurement processes
- Preparation and follow-up for administrative decisions
Your profile should include:
- Perfect fluency in spoken and written German and English
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, self-managing time and priorities
- Experience using both Macs and PCs
- Fluency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Also desirable are:
- Fluency in Italian, French or other languages widely used in the scientific community
- Familiarity with Lotus Notes and LaTex
The position is initially for two years with a 6-month probation, but could then become permanent. Starting date is ideally between March and June 2017, but is negotiable.
The Max Planck Society is eager to increase the employment numbers of severely disabled persons. Applications of severely disabled persons are specifically welcomed and with equal qualification and aptitude are given preferential consideration.
Applications should include a CV and a one page essay explaining why the candidate is ideal for this job. This essay should be provided in both English and in German.
Complete applications (cover letter, CV, essay, certificates) should be sent in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2017.